I'M SO EXCITED THAT YOU'RE HERE AND THAT I GET TO BE THE ONE TO CAPTURE YOUR SPECIAL DAY!
I WANT THIS TO BE A SPACE TO INSPIRE, ENCOURAGE, AND GUIDE YOU ALONG THE WAY ON THIS CRAZY ROAD OF WEDDING PLANNING! I WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER, I WANT TO BE SOMEONE WHO MAKES YOUR BIG DAY SMOOTH, CAREFREE, AND SO FREAKIN' FUN. SO, COME HANG OUT ON THIS PAGE ANY DAY!
I have started loving Pinterest again! And, I've made boards especially full of inspiration for YOU.
Whether you need outfit ideas for the engagement shoot or all the diy's, design, venue, or detail inspiration for your wedding day - I've gotchu!
SO, head over there now and feast your imagination for your wedding day vision! Just click the buttons below to start exploring!
2. SEARCHING FOR VENDORS? HERE ARE SOME FAVES.
3. TIPS FOR THE DAY
A wedding day has all the makings to be wonderful, beautiful and free of stress - and I want to do everything to make it as smooth as can be! So, here are a few tips I've learned along the way. ;)
1. Try to get all of those last minute "to-do's" checked off a week before your wedding! Then, grab a glass of wine (or whatever is your "I need to chill" drink) and try and just relax. I know for my own wedding, this was definitely something I did my best to apply! You'll be surprised how much a restful mind can change the day!
2. As it says on my homepage "choosing presence over perfection" - this couldn't be more valuable! Sure, there will be tiny little things that won't go "as planned," but holy moly does perspective mean everything! The more you can lean into whatever the day holds, knowing the person you love is choosing this beautiful commitment alongside you, the more amazing the every minute will feel! Trust me, I had a hair catastrophe (whole other story) and a heat wave my wedding day, but I'd never felt more joyful and peaceful - everything with my hair worked out, we sweat the day away with all the people we love most, AND IT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER! Just take lots of deep breathes, drink water and be present in every moment of the day.
3. A few little tiny tips to make the beginning steps smooth are: try and have all the details collected in one spot - rings, shoes, bouquets, invitations, etc. - any detail you want me to capture. This helps to make sure both you and I can find all those important things waaaay easier!
4. Have someone who can help keep the pace of the day. Even if you just delegate a friend to help keep your timeline on track, it will make the world of difference! You don't want that responsibility falling on your mom, maid of honor, or the BRIDE. Spend a little time before the wedding creating a timeline, ask me to help - I've done a few of these ;), and then print it out and give it to the person you've delegated. Have them be in charge of communicating to the different vendors and making sure everyone is on track. It will feel AMAZING to have that off your plate!!
4. WHAT TO EXPECT WITH ME AS YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER
We're going to be spending the whole day together, so I want you to know a few little fun facts & what to expect with having me as you photographer!
I usually get there a little bit early - this just gives me time to explore a bit and get used to the setting; so don't freak out and think you're running late when you see me. ;)
I'm all about (again) presence over perfect. I want you to have the absolute best day ever! So, I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to make sure you're enjoying every second and leaning into the moments of the day! My goal is to make you feel comfortable, even when the camera is clicking away, this is YOUR day!!
During the reception, I'll take about 15-20 minutes to get some food - I'll follow right behind the bridal party (if there's a buffet line) so as to be finished as fast as possible! That way I can be back up and shooting before you've even finished eating! But, if you want a shot before I'm finished eating, you just come grab me whenever you need to!
IF you have dancing, you're probably going to see me movin' all around and getting those party shots (you may even catch me dancing, we'll see ;)!
LASTLY, leading up to the wedding, I'll be sending you a mini form. This will help me collect all those last minute details - family photos, vendor list, where to be: addresses + times to be there, etc. It'll be quick & painless!
5. SOME FAQs + ANSWERS
Q: can I email you with questions?
A: YES!! Yes yes yes. I want to be here through the process with you. I'm here for the random questions, to help with timelines, to get excited with you about the beuatiful celebration coming soon!
Q: Still deciding on a second shooter - yay or nay?
A: I say yay! You'll end up getting more images and more shots of angles I wouldn't have been able to get while shooting the main ones!
Q: How & when will I get the images?
A: You will get a gallery link sent to your inbox! From there you can see all the photos from the day - you can share the link & download all the images at once in high-resolution! It's super quick and easy! For delivery time - I usually say 6-8 weeks or so after your wedding day, but it flexes a bit depending on how full and long your wedding day was! A bigger party can sometimes mean a little longer of a wait time - so, not a bad trade off!
Q: Can I share the pics on social media?
A: HECK YES! Post away, friends! When you get excited and share the images, it affirms me so much in what I do and shows me how much you love them! I would also love to be tagged and credited in whatever you post - you sharing helps my business grow, and I am SO thankful for that!